Settlement of Claim

The decision to settle your workers compensation case, the mechanism of how to settle, and or the decision to go to trial is not a decision that should be taken lightly. There are generally four ways that a California workers’ compensation case comes to a conclusion: the employee recovers completely and returns to work with no dispute over benefits not being paid or owing; the parties entered into a voluntary stipulation and award; the parties enter into a voluntary compromise and release; or the case goes to trial and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Board judge makes a finding of the rights and responsibilities of the various parties. In this article, we will cover how permanent disability is calculated and what happens if you do not settle. We will also discuss the differences between a Compromise and Release compared to a Stipulation with Request for Award. Lastly, we discuss if you can change your mind after entering into a settlement. If you are at the stage of potentially settling your California workers’ compensation case, we highly recommend you contact one of our Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys. 

CA WC Case Settlement of Claim

The choice you make when deciding to settle your case could impact your rights to future medical care, employment, and compensation for your injuries. If you are at that stage in which you are ready to settle your claim, we highly recommend you contact one of our Sacramento Workers’ Compensation Attorneys to make sure the settlement amount is fair and reasonable, and that you are signing documents that accomplish the goals you intend.